Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hockey As Salvation

All is right with the world, because I have begun playing hockey again.

Reasons I stayed away:

1. A friend who I played hockey with was murdered; that tended to kill the atmosphere.

2. I "lost" all my equipment (don't ask). Numerous ventures to Play It Again Sports replenished my bag.

3. The more a strayed, the harder it was to come back (you know that story)


The epic struggle for my mortal hockey soul: finally the Lord intervened

Reasons I came back:

1. Because Richard G is right, I would rather play it than watch it.

2. I've carried two sticks around in my car for over a year without playing. The other day my daughter asked, "what's these sticks for?", and I almost forgot.

3. One of the sticks is the one I used in high school over 20 years ago. I picked it up on a recent visit to my parents' place in Canada and have been meaning to use it.

4. The REAL reason I came back? If you have to ask then you've obviously never played.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Hobgood said...

Excellent!

I want to come watch again sometime.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home